Friday, April 24, 2009

Second Thoughts

I have learned that the reason it's so therapeutic to write things down, either through letters or journaling, is because it causes your brain to slow down so you can better process your thoughts. I have written in my journal in order to sort out my current feelings and so I wasn't going to post anything but I have had second thoughts. I guess I need more processing so bear with me.

My friend from work passed away last night after being on life support since Monday afternoon. I got through Monday because I could see how good it was she was in our office when she collapsed because there were people there to help her. Otherwise she would have died at home alone. When her situation looked glum, I had to rethink. Some situations really hang me up on the 'whys' and this is one of those. Finally last night, I was able to come to peace with it. Because this happened at our office and she was revived, her family was able to have closure. They were able to say goodbye. Maybe she wasn't responsive but it gave them some peace. Her mother, her children and grandchildren wouldn't have had that opportunity if she had died so suddenly alone at her home. I can accept that. She is one whom I definitely look forward to meeting again - when all things have been restored to their perfect state. She will be even more amazing than I found her here on earth!

People come into our lives for a reason, no matter how briefly. I'm grateful I believe that and I hope I can be more open to what they have to teach me in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your thoughts. I am sorry for the family of the lady who died, that there was such stress in their lives. We never know from one day to the next what to expect. That's why it's important to be patient, loving and kind to each other. I love you, Janis.

    ReplyDelete