Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Define Redneck


Memorial Weekend campout was fun . . . and wet. I chose to see blue sky. Everyone ended up joining us at one point or another to eat or swing or fish or hike or ride bikes or start fires or just get dirty. (We'll stay away from the gopher incident). Nate took everyone on a GeoCache hunt which was a big hit! Trying to get out on the slimy road was probably the biggest nightmare for me and I made sure to leave some good ruts . . . really good ruts . . . for anyone who might follow. Our family is soon to be recognized as a weather alert station.

"Are the Christensens going camping?"
"Yes."
"Okay, it will be raining (or snowing)."

So far our family campout in June is the same time as the last spring snowfall. Memories, right? I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

  1. What an adventuresome clan, and loving every minute. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the definition of redneck...but we wouldn't have it any other way, right? :) There is never a dull moment when our family is together, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am disapointed that you didn't put the picture of me up in the tree trying to get the swing hung or lighting the fire with a torch.

    ReplyDelete