Sunday, May 10, 2009

QUICKLY CHANGING STAGES OF MOTHERHOOD

Most of my thoughts today have been watching people in different stages of motherhood. They were asking the kids in Primary to name one of their mom's favorite things. One little girl quietly said, "Home". I was touched as I imagined what a mother has to do in order for her 7-year-old child to know she loves being home more than anything. The speaker in Sacrament Meeting talked again about the Mother of Jesus and how Jesus made sure she was taken care of. As I was writing in my journal about it, I thought about all Jesus had gone through that last day or two and he'd kept silent. I just got an image of Him looking down and seeing His Mother and feeling her love and knowing He could keep silent no longer. Kind of ironic two different speakers would touch on that same image.

"Enjoy the blessings that come with each new stage" is what the plaque says on my wall. I'm not sure I did, though. I wish I'd have relished them more now that I see how quickly stages move. I can't do anything about the past, but I can sure relish the blessings I have now! I am certainly going to give it my best shot!

I got a yellow rose bush and a pear tree for Mother's Day this year. No partridge. There's another pear tree on hold and coming. Something about having to keep the bees and the butterflies and whatever else little bugs pollinate fruit trees happy. They like to have choices, I guess, and flit from one tree to another. Evidently the trees like it, too, because more flowers turn into fruit if the little bees and butterflies and whatever else little bugs there are get to share. The rose bush is another story, however. It's called a "Rabble Rouser". It was hysterical reading the description because whoever wrote it was obviously trying for a job in the alliteration area of journalism. It reads: "...this baby's grown up and is ready to raise a ruckus in the landscape. Gangs of gleaming gold fully double flowers command attention against the glossy gloriously green leaves. Yet the finish color is just as eye-catching as the fresh color, making a perfect round mass of glowing gold and green through the growing season. A garden party animal!" I will definitely have to keep track of this feisty one!

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the first stage! I love this poem & I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I love you, Janis.

    ReplyDelete