Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Short on Thoughts

I had to include this in my post as it's the way I've been feeling the last few days. I'm trying so hard to be positive and like myself and my life and then - BAM - this brick wall rises up out of nowhere and I plant my nose firmly in it. "This is an old thought. I no longer choose to think this way" repeats over and over in my mind but sometimes I struggle to get the new positive affirmation in there to replace the old one. Kind of hard to just make yourself 'quit thinking'. I have to replace it with something. Like Indiana Jones in all of his escapades and booby traps that are dependant on the weight of an object resting on top of it. If he doesn't replace what he's taking with something of equal size and weight, sharp things fly out of the walls and boulders fall out of the sky and snakes wrap around his legs. Maybe I've just been swooshed by a flying spear and I'll be okay as soon as I get my head wrapped around the right replacement thought.

1 comment:

  1. Does this have anything to do with turning another year older tomorrow? Know that you are loved!

    ReplyDelete