Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Overdues

I've been called a lot of things and now I've been called a slacker. In this case, it's more than true, though. My blog is long overdue for an update. I kind of left it a little negative. Well that's about to change.


This past weekend was even more overdue than a new blog entry. Twelve years overdue, to be exact. My sis and her husband drove out from Chicago (Fox Lake, to be exact) and we got to spend some time together. I will definitely be attaching photos so there will be no denying that it actually happened. Visiting and laughing and catching up and laughing and eating and laughing were all fabulous and - did I say this already? - long overdue.


After Grampa started the tractor-train, there was a random, unexpected change of drivers as my brother-in-law, Allen, jumped up and kicked Grampa out of the driver's seat.




So, here's the proof it really happened. There's no denying it now, Allen, because if it's on the internet, it's gospel truth!





width="320" height="266" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
flashvars="flvurl=http://redirector.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?id%3D71e74d3cce23530b%26itag%3D5%26source%3Dblogger%26app%3Dblogger%26cmo%3Dsensitive_content%253Dyes%26ip%3D0.0.0.0%26ipbits%3D0%26expire%3D1430152878%26sparams%3Did,itag,source,ip,ipbits,expire%26signature%3DA72BCFBF5730207AD08A24E261BC633574A1A278.5C0293812E106E6E7F1C249F58DF1A0E23EE54DD%26key%3Dck2&iurl=http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer2?app%3Dblogger%26contentid%3D71e74d3cce23530b%26offsetms%3D5000%26itag%3Dw160%26sigh%3DqJnbMWPrGuSeyMvjCayFEKZR1_M&autoplay=0&ps=blogger"
allowFullScreen="true" />




At one point, Hunter looked back and realized Grampa was no longer driving the tractor-train. These are before and after pictures:




Needless to say, the time went too fast. However, Alan's had a couple of trips to Texas, one to Iowa and a couple of week-long scout camps over the years. I now have plans to start making it even - one trip to Chicago at a time!

Here we are! And just so you know - neither one of us are gray - we just have an overabundance of stress highlights.




In an earlier post, I was trying to decide if I really wanted to be able to have 'do-overs' or not. Well, I can certainly tell you I absolutely don't want any more 'over-dues'!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is so nice that you got to be together. Everybody looks great. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my dad behind the wheel, Hunter has every right to be nervous! These are the best black-mail photos ever taken of my father!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you finally updated! I love reading your posts because it gives me a boost. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. As I was about to leave your blog the song "Do You Know How Beautiful You Are?" came on. Thanks for the reminder! RTILYABAAP

    ReplyDelete