Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yes, I'm Rambling Again!

I watched most of a new TV show last night and I think I'm going to like it. Maybe. I was expecting to watch a different show and, actually, an actor from the one I expected to watch was in this new one, only with glasses, and I spent a good part of the new show trying to figure out what the actor from the old show was undercover for. Got that??? However, the main actor in this new show also plays George in "George and the Dragon", one of my many favorite movies, and I think he's cute so that kept me watching and made up for my confusion about the other actor. Got that???? Well, the show had a couple of good one-liners. One of them was, "People may not behave the way you want them to behave but that doesn't mean the way they behave is wrong." It was just a different way of saying, "Walk a mile in my shoes" or "Don't judge a book by its cover" or any other adage along those lines only said in a way that wasn't so ambiguous to me. The other little memento I gleaned from the show was at the very end when the two partners are toasting each other. One of them says, "Here's to memories past." The other one counters with, "Here's to memories yet to come."

That struck me because sometimes I find myself looking backwards as if I'm thumbing through a photograph album. I look at all the 4x6 memories and somewhere inside I'm thinking all those things 'just happened'. What I need to remember is I'm creating - right now, this very minute - future memories.
I am creating them.
I have the control.
I can choose what tomorrow's 4x6 will look like.
Or rather what the 4x6 I'm looking at tomorrow will look like.

It's making me think. It's also giving me a headache. Could the two be related????

No comments:

Post a Comment