Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Would I Remember? Will You Remember?

I've started re-reading a book I first read about a year ago. I pretty well highlighted the whole thing then so now I'm having to use a different color. The book is by Carol Tuttle and is entitled "Remembering Wholeness". My sister has introduced me to a lot of interesting books over the last couple of years and this is a really good one. The author tries to explain how our spirit is already perfect, always has been, and the experiences we have here on this earth are to help us remember that. At one of my favorite parts, she quotes from another book, "Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue" to explain some of the experiences we encounter while trying to get used to our physical body. I think I'm going to have to order this book, too. From the way I understand it, there is a Little Soul conversing with God and they are in Heaven. God asks the Little Soul what God-like characteristic he would like the most. He thinks for a few minutes and then replies, "Forgiveness."

Well, they're in Heaven and everyone is still perfect and God points that out to the Little Soul. How can he hope to learn forgiveness when no one is going to do anything that will need forgiveness? The Little Soul turns around and looks at all the spirits gathered there and realizes none are less perfect than himself and he asks God, "Who, then, shall I have to forgive?"

Just then one of the spirits steps forward and tells the Little Soul that he can forgive him. Little Soul wonders what for and the Friendly Soul says, "I will come into your physical lifetime and do something for you to forgive." Little Soul wonders what in the world this fellow being of such Perfect Light could possibly do to make him want to forgive him. Friendly Soul tells him they will think of something.

Now Little Soul is concerned as to why Friendly Soul would want to slow down his vibration to the point he would choose to do something bad. (now I'm quoting directly)

"Simple," the Friendly Soul explained, "I would do it because I love you. You want to experience your Self as Forgiving, don't you?... I ask only one thing in return," the Friendly Soul declared.

"Anything! Anything," the Little Soul cried. He was excited now to know that he could experience every Divine Aspect of God. He understood, now, The Plan.

"In the moment that I strike you and smite you," said the Friendly Soul, "in the moment that I do the worst to you that you could ever imagine -- in that self-same moment . . . remember Who I Really Am."

"Oh, I won't forget!" promised the Little Soul, "I will see you in the perfection with which I hold you now, and I will remember Who You Are, always."

I like to think that we offered to help each other out, even if it wasn't always through something positive. We knew the end result would be worth it. I wonder if I really treat others in a way that shows I remember who they are. I'm pretty judgmental of some of the people I see at my work. Maybe they agreed to help me learn compassion, asking only one thing of me, ". . . remember Who I Really Am." I wonder how this world would be if this was the case. Maybe I could even help someone else remember. Hmmm.

Yup, rambled again.

2 comments:

  1. I truly honestly believe that people come into our lives for that very purpose, to help us learn and grow and hopefully come out a better person. I mean heck, we can make a long list of people just in the past 4 years who have come into my life for such a short amount of time but have left a tremendous impact or really helped in ways I needed them & in ways that maybe only they could. I think a lot about that story you made when we were little...I'm so very thankful that I chose the family I came to! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janis... I am always so amazed at the things you teach me! In all seriousness. This really struck a cord with me. I need to remember who people "really are". I would be really interested in reading that book. When you find it, let me know I would like to buy a copy. That inspired me to be a little better today!

    ReplyDelete