Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Faith

There is an underlying connection between both of my previous ramblings and a comment that was left has hit on it so I decided I'd officially join them.



There was the sunlight shining through the trees validating my existence and reminding me I am always heard. Then there was the light from Alan's headlights that guided even a little scrub oak like myself back to where I needed to be (even though I didn't realize it was not where I thought I was headed). Knowing the extreme level to which I am directionally challenged, I would have had a total meltdown if I'd ended up at the original campsite and couldn't see any familiar faces. I would have entered camp all Tigger-bouncy because of my pride in completing my little trek and ended up all Eeyore-droopy when I realized those I cared about weren't there to share my exhileration.



Sometimes roads lead us where we need to be, not to where we thought we wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment