Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Frosty Mornings

Even though I would love a garage - or even a carport - there is one thing I love about frosty windshield mornings. I love watching the ice slowly melt off the windshield. All the vehicles are equipped with long-handled ice scrapers but I'm not a scraper. Alan puts a tarp over his windshield every night so he doesn't have to be bothered with the frost, but I'm not a tarp-putter-onner either.



I love to get in the car, crank the defrost up to the max and watch as the melted spots slowly take over the icy spots until I have a clear windshield to look out of. There's something mesmerizing about it and I find myself wondering if I'm watching more than ice melt.



I think I'm also watching my life. Not melt away, by any means. But I think each new good thing I learn, each good choice I make, each time my testimony is strengthened, a little more clear glass is revealed. Maybe if I can get my entire 'windshield' frost-free, I'll be able to see a little of His countenance in me. Maybe. Maybe if I'm lucky someone else will be able to see His countenance in me, too.



There's been a time or two I haven't had as much time and I've headed down the road with more than a safe amount of frost still clouding my forward vision. It's amazing watching everything out there become clearer and more in focus and how much more I appreciate it after having squinted through the frost.



Why is it the rear defroster always works faster? I know it's got those little heater wires going through it but I figure it must be mimicking life again. Hindsight's 20/20, right???

1 comment:

  1. You definitely have a gift. How do you think of these things? I always think the current one is the best ever, and then you come up with another fantastic idea. What I have learned from you could fill a book.

    ReplyDelete