Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Solution to the Empty Nest Syndrome

I don't dare ask my grandkids for name suggestions for fear they'll all feel bad if I don't choose their idea but I'm open to suggestions and ideas. Right now two potential names (courtesy of Alan) are Seis or Once. The first is the Spanish word for six and the second is actually the Spanish word for eleven, which are his tentative numbers in one of our packs. I need to decide which pack - child or grandchild. The first is pronounced Says, with a long 'a' sound and the second is pronounced On-say, with a long 'o' sound. The puppy is a boy, if that narrows down the choices at all. He is a pure bred Shih Tzu and has been around young children. He's still a little low to the ground so it's a rather difficult to know when he's done outside but I imagine the colder it gets, the quicker I'll assume he's done.





8 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute. I like "once". or would "Sharon" do? Love you all. Very cute little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart! He is ADORABLE!!! How could you not love a face like that! I am afraid that I am not good in the naming department! But wow... is he cute! I just want to kiss him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again here I am being dumb with math, but how did you get 11 for grandkids? I'm assuming that you added 2 extra for me in hopes that things continue to go well (big smiles!!)...but we only have soon to be 8 in our family...did you spill the beans without meaning to?! Cause that only makes ten, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm...thanks for explaining that you added the dog as either a child or grandchild and that's how the numbers increased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is the cutest thing, next to Basha of course. Although she just pooped in the house, so I'm not speaking to her. I like On-say...it's different, sounds like you know another language, and people will incessantly ask you to tell them a second time what his name is. Then you'll have to explain how you picked it, what it means, how you say it, spell it, etc. It will either drive you nuts or nuttier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhmmmmm, sounds like things are going well for Nellie. Wishing you well. Love, Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did the title "Herbie Tate" come from? It's an interesting name. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I get credit for the Herbie part. We had talked about names and as I carried the little furr ball I thought about calling him Furbee as a name and then it morphed into Herbie. So I guess you could say he is a hairy fur ball. The Tate was Carter's thinking for a name. So Herbie Tate got named. Alan

    ReplyDelete