Sunday, November 8, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere

Just sharing a couple of thoughts I've had recently and a couple of things I feel I've learned. Your ideas and comments are welcome as I don't expect everyone to agree with me. As I've been reading here and there about the importance of our thoughts and the Law of Attraction and such, I worried that I might be getting carried away with the 'mingling with the philosophy of men' part of the warnings we hear about Satan's techniques. However, more and more I feel like what I've been reading has fallen into the truth of the Gospel and, in some cases, enhanced it for me.



One of the basic tenets of the Law of Attraction is never forgetting to express gratitude for all the good in your life and acknowledging the true source of all that goodness. In Primary a couple of weeks ago, Sharing Time was on being thankful for our families. Doctrine & Covenants 78:19 was quoted:

"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea more."
I felt like it was being confirmed to me that all this new stuff I've been learning is good and is of benefit and is not taking away from my testimony of the gospel. I'm actually becoming more grateful for the little things and allowing (or rather accepting) bigger things to come into my life.



The second thing I read is from a book about 'shifting' and explores 12 keys to helping women through various transitions they may encounter in their lives. Right at the first my attention was peaked when the author wrote:

"The key to heaven also opens the door to hell. We need to learn how to open the right doors in order to overcome the obstacles which life presents us with. Life is not unfair but it is difficult ... We all need...to become, in a sense, like water. Water can change from liquid to solid to vapor depending on the conditions it meets in order to survive. It knows how to find its way around and over all obstacles it meets, and you never hear water complain because it knows how to find its way through life."

Not only do I love the analogy but my immediate thought was the Primary song, "Give Said the Little Stream". And again, maybe simplistically, I felt a validation that I was learning things that could or already were helping me in my life in a positive way.



Just wanted to share as I rambled. Something else I read said,

"When there's a strong desire in you to express or create something, know that feeling is Divine discontent. Your longing is your calling -- and no matter what it is, if you go with it, you'll be guided, guarded and assured of success."
So, if you keep reading my blog, be prepared as I guess I'll keep on writing and rambling in the name of Divine discontent.

2 comments:

  1. I love your ramblings. Gives me food for thought on dry days. Love you. Keep those ramblings coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, share the titles of the books.
    Second of all, you are such a good thinker. I'm always amazed at the things you say and the correlations you make.

    ReplyDelete