Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Can't Resist

You don't need to say it. I know. There are a million other things I should be doing. There are a million things I was going through in my head before I left work - wondering how to prioritize them all and do the most important things first instead of the things I wanted to do. There's Amber's apron that she was supposed to get on her birthday - her birthday in 2009. There are doll clothes left over from Christmas that are still laying on the cutting table - fabric pinned to pattern pieces. There's the sash for Nellie's wedding dress - but wait - she doesn't need that until the fitting on February 20th so I've got plenty of time to procrastinate that (I'm saying that for you, dear Nellie). Of course I should be cleaning the house. I could be blind and sleepwalking and still easily pick out any spot that needed some degree of cleaning. Reagan's quilt is still in the thought process with fabric swatches strung around my sewing room.

Scrapbooking, writing, family history, blah, blah, blah. We won't even touch on all the gazillion projects in various stages of completion. Anyway, I'm obviously not doing any of them because I am whatever sided brain person it is who flies by the whims in her head - not even by something tangible like the seat of my pants and definitely not by any logical thought process. Nope. I felt a blog post coming on and I had to plop down and take care of it before the nagging drove me to drink another Maxine.

Actually, I already had an idea I wanted to write about. It was going to be one of those awe-inspiring ones I write so often with maybe a little symbolism mixed with a twist or two. Even that particular project is on hold - all bowing down before the important documentation that is going to occur here. Here is a hint:

Any guesses?????

Okay, fine. I'll give you a hint. No, actually, I'll just come right out and tell you. Alan is going to a party at the neighbor's house!! What kind of a party, you may ask?? Well, it's a "20th Season Survivor is Starting Tonight Party". I'm crushed I wasn't invited. I only found out about it when I was informing my dear sweet hubby that he was not, I repeat, WAS NOT tying up my downstairs television for two (2) whole hours - yes 120 minutes - while he watched the 20th season premier of Survivor. That's when he broke it to me. He had been invited next door to watch it with the neighbors. There wasn't even a semblance of an apology for why I had not been included in the invitation. Obviously my salsa is going. And, that's all okay, because I don't really care.

My distaste for Survivor may put me in a class by myself (kind of like not getting all excited about Maddox Turkey Steaks), but I'm content with that. Hopefully I haven't offended any other Survivor fanatics out there. It just escapes my reasoning abilities why I would want to watch a bunch of adults plotting ambushes, creating alliances and confiding their innermost, deepest, darkest 'secrets' (come on, we're watching it on TV, the snake in the grass has a camera strapped to his forked tongue, how secret is that?) and pledging their loyalty and support and everything dear to them (except the coveted Immunity Idol) only to 'secretly' (again-it's on camera for heck sakes!) use a stub of burnt wood to scribble the name of the person they just spent 60 minutes forming an alliance with on a piece of primitive paper stuff so said 'Person of Dearest Alliance' will in turn get their flame snuffed out and commanded to return to camp alone...and in the dark. Did that make sense? Good because neither does the show. To me, anyway.




Oh, well, I've always been the rebel, the black sheep, the weird one. I'm content to sit home and watch NCIS and Criminal Minds reruns and crochet or . . . hey . . . maybe even post on my blog.

So, there he goes. I got a peck on the cheek. Let's hope we both survive another season of Survivor!

3 comments:

  1. So, I would like you to follow-up with more information on Nellie's wedding. Please inform the uninformed. That's exciting. Congrats, Nellie. I want to hear more. I have an inquiring mind (and an email address)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't Carter always want to watch "fertilizer" with Grandpa? Yep, he gets excited to see it on too, but I agree with you Mom...kind of pointless. But it's fun to see Grandpa so excited about it. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm torn. I would be ticked not to have been included, but glad that I didn't have to sit aimlessly for 2 hours hating every minute of it. I'm with you on watching NCIS. I'm in love with Tony...is that his name? I don't love his name enough to remember it, just him.

    ReplyDelete