Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stepping Up

I have a Daily Motivator that shows up on my home page whenever I log onto the internet.  The website is http://greatday.com/index.html and they're written by Ralph Marston. Most of them are pretty common sense but sometimes they're like horoscopes and they just really hit the moment or the day or whatever right on the head. This is today's Motivator and I wanted to share it:


"No matter how long you've been walking north, in just a single step you can be walking south. What does it take to turn your life around? Just one step.


You are one step away from eating a healthier diet, one step away from being a better parent, one step away from improving your finances, one step away from becoming more skilled in your work, one step away from a more fulfilling relationship.


One minute from now, your worst problems can be behind you, instead of in front of you. In a single step, your best day can be yet to come, rather than long ago in the past. In an instant, your negative energy can be redirected toward making a positive difference.


Just one step can change your momentum, and start you in whatever direction you truly want to go."

Sometimes I choose to take that step and sometimes I'm pushed a little. Okay, maybe a lot. Okay maybe I'm shoved but if it gets me keeping one foot in front of the other, I guess I'll welcome the shove and look forward to a time when I recognize the opportunity to make the steps on my own.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds easy, doesn't it? I'm always motivated by things like that. Maybe I'll use part of it in my talk.
    Thanks again for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete