Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hubba, Hubba!




By the end of the night, I couldn't hide it any longer. Joseph was the one to catch me looking at this handsome hunk of a Man. First glance had me looking for more facial hair as I was sure somewhere in the family lineage, and still alive enough to be on the invitation address list, was a gentleman from the Amish Colony. However it was soon obvious he wasn't serious enough to be Amish, or any other -ish or -ite or -ese. But the Man had definitely caught my undivided eye. They say time doesn't change things, we change them and I'm not sure if that's true in this case or not as I'm not sure if the Man changed, I changed or time changed. The first time my undivided eye was captured by this Man, it was because of one of the coolest, braided belts I had ever seen. A Man that wears a belt like that, has to have good taste in all other aspects of his life, right??? {The answer to that is still under construction}


I think this time it was not only the lack of a belt, but the handsome suspenders that cried out to me for a second, longer look. Mustering up my courage, I approached the Man and said, "Wow, kind sir, I just have to tell you that because you pull the whole suspender look off so well, my fashion savvy (rightfully acquired from years of living with fashion Nazis) tells me you could hitch those pants up another couple of inches and totally get away with it!" {wink, wink} And, snapping this fine picture of a fine speciman of a Man {instead of his fine suspenders}, I flirtatiously smile at him. I continued covetously ogling the Man off and on {figure out how I could continually do something off and on and you get a star on your forehead}. Back in the day, I would have just found a copy of some program and wrote a silly limerick inviting him out on a date on the back of it, handed it to him and turned and bolted. With age comes  . . . something cool, I'm sure, but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember what it is  . . . but suffice it to say I didn't hand this Man any handwritten note this night. I was so hopelessly smitten with this hunk of a Man by the end of the night {and evidently he with me}, that when he made me an offer, I couldn't refuse. Some things time doesn't change, or sometimes things don't change or some changes don't come with time or something like that.

2 comments:

  1. He's just as handsome as ever. I notice a little age in his picture and yours. It brings out the beauty in both of you--those fine lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like the new look of your blog! And I like that I figured out how to post a comment again.

    You look beautiful,Janis,in the wedding pictures, and Alan is a close second.

    ReplyDelete