Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ima Tree Update

Well, I've been doing some thinking. It's been some thinking between a couple of different posts, too, and they're beginning to be related.



First off, I've decided it's time Ima Tree moves on.



I think it might be time to forgive the Culligan Man and his salt water. Maybe it's time to give Alan the go-ahead and let him do some pruning. Maybe Ima Tree needs the chance to put all her energy into new growth and not have to get so worn out trying to maintain the branches that serve only to remind her that someone made a careless mistake.



Maybe that's what "It is what it is" means. Maybe it should be more "It is because it was" and then you let it go. Because the only growth Ima Tree can do now is in the present moment. So I guess I'll be talking to Alan about doing some gentle 'shaping'.

1 comment:

  1. Pruning a tree is kind of like getting rid of the dead branches in our lives or the garbage or whatever that weigh us down and take way too much of our energy.

    Post Note: 1st item on our itinerary when you come is to show me how to change the look of my blog. Love your new one.

    ReplyDelete