Thursday, July 29, 2010

No Subject

The latest movie to come from NetFlix {which I love, by the way} was The Kite Runner. I'm not quite sure what I really thought about it but I do know I haven't quit thinking about it. I may have to buy the book. But the majority of my thoughts have been centered around a quote right at the beginning:




"Children aren't coloring books. You don't get to fill them with your favorite colors."







My first reaction was to jump off my exercise bike and write it down because I really, really liked it. The more I think about it, though, I confuse myself as to whether I like it or not or agree with it or not. In a way they sort of are like coloring books because they come so pure and innocent. We don't get to automatically fill them with our favorite colors but we can influence what colors they choose. However, I also think to some extent they came with their own box of crayons. Carter's red is not the same as Tyler's and Brian's green is not the same as Colton's and so on. I'm grateful they're such a colorful bunch and I'll take them over black and white any day!





1 comment:

  1. I read the book. It was interesting and some parts toward the end were graphic and gross. I don't know about the movie.

    I feel the same way you do about whether we color them or not. As a grandmother speaking I think the best thing I can do is color my own life, stay within the lines of gospel principles, and color a sun up in the corner so they can see my light shine,.

    ReplyDelete