Sunday, April 24, 2011

Two Easters

We got to enjoy two Easters this year. We spent the morning at the Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt {which lasted its usual ten minutes} and then came home for a combined Easter/Alan's birthday party.






All ready to track down the eggs hidden in the house - since,

once again, it was too cold on Easter to go outside!




They searched high . . .






. . . and low . . .




. . . and then inventoried their loot.


























Mid-afternoon we chased everyone off and headed down to see our Manti family. We took them their Easter eggs and then Joe was going to be singing a solo {I don't think he's ever been asked to sing a solo before - not that I've heard anyway} in church on Easter Sunday. We wanted to be able to listen to him. Mandy let me make the girls each a spring church dress and Brian wanted a pair of frog shorts so it also gave me an opportunity to get those to them and make sure they fit.






Jodi & Brian looking




Mariah looking




Joe helping Reagan find some eggs




















It was a busy weekend but fun, nonetheless. It was good to hear Joe sing, "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked" and remind us of what Easter is really all about. I don't ever remember hearing that song sang by someone so that I understood the words. Maybe it was just because it was my son singing it and so I was listening more intently. {I was listening so intently I forgot to even think about making faces at him!}









Just so I can refresh my memory at a future date, these are the words to the song he sang:




I walked today where Jesus walked,
In days of long ago.
I wandered down
each path He knew,
With reverent step and slow.
Those little lanes, they
have not changed,
A sweet peace fills the air.
I walked today where Jesus
walked,
And felt Him close to me.


My pathway led through Bethlehem,
A memory's ever sweet.
The little
hills of Galilee,
That knew His childish feet.
The Mount of Olives,
hallowed scenes,
That Jesus knew before
I saw the mighty Jordan row,
As
in the days of yore.




I knelt today where Jesus knelt,
Where all alone he prayed.
The Garden
of Gethsemane,
My heart felt unafraid.
I picked my heavy burden up,
And
with Him at my side,
I climbed the Hill of Calvary,
I climbed the Hill of
Calvary,
I climbed the Hill of Calvary,
Where on the Cross He Died!




I walked today where Jesus walked,
And felt Him close to me.





I am so thankful for, and have a testimony of my Savior and His Atonement. I am in need of it so much! I read a book entitled, "The Continuous Atonement" and was so taken back by the concept that the Atonement is not just a huge event that happens at the end of my life but it is an actual event that affects my life on a daily, constant basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment