Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep ...

I pray the Lord my soul to keep...



Wait a minute, Lord. I'm confused.



Do I pray for wisdom to understand or courage to act? Do I pray for insight and words to counsel or patience to hold my tongue? Do I pray for strength to just endure or faith to push myself a little further each day? Do I pray for validation no matter the cost or do I just pray for peace? Do I pray to be deaf and blind to the adversary or do I pray for keener sight and sharper hearing to better help others? Do I pray to be protected from all harm and evil or do I pray for discernment to choose the right path?



Or do I just say "thanks"? I don’t know.



I think I'd better just pray for a hole in the crowd so Your hems might brush my fingertips.

1 comment:

  1. That kinda sounds like some of the turmoil going around in my head. Mainly in regards to Carter's big day and his dad's involvement, but some other non-related thoughts too. So if you get any insight please share! It does help to hear that I have family who is proud of me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete