Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Light of Christ

I've kind of gotten hooked on the Kindle app on my phone. I never thought I'd want one of the readers but it is nice to have a book without the bulk and at a moment's whim. I still crave the feel of the book in my hands - scribbling my thoughts in the margins and knowing I own the tangible book. It's either a faith thing with me {I have to see it to know it's there} or it goes back to my geometry days and Spacial Spastic here doesn't grasp how I can own a bit of space on a different plane and call it a book.



Anyway, one of those little dots in cyberspace that I own is a book about the Law of Attraction and how it applies to {and is actually taught in} the scriptures. There's a place at the beginning where the author talks about the Light of Christ. He gives some complicated scientific explanations but basically boils everything down to the most minutest of possible pieces of anything being the little spark of life in all of us. After the author did all that explaining {which mostly went over my head}, he then quoted the scripture from the creation: "And God said, Let there be light; and there was light". The author's opinion is that there is more to that bit of creation than just the physical opposite of darkness.



For a moment I imagined hearing God command that there be light and feeling the energy - like spring, like morning, like the light that came out of the delivery room when Tyler was born and I was touched somewhere down deep. It's been stewing around there for days now, too. The last few days have been kind of weepy days and that's the only thing I can really trace it to. Yesterday and today I've had clients share some new accomplishments or some new goals - baby steps - but they are so proud! Voices are more confident. Eyes shine more. Faces glow. They smile.



It's reconfirmed my faith in the Light of Christ. In my feeble little mind I believe there is a spot inside everyone and that spot was created to nurture and protect and guard the little seed of light that recharges our knowledge of who we are and what we're capable of becoming. And I'm grateful for everyone who has crossed my path, especially these last couple of days, providing a jolt to my little spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment