Sunday, September 18, 2011

It's Hail Out There . . . Among Other Things

Noah was a
prophet, a man who did not fear.




When he taught
repentance, the people would not hear.




So the Lord told
him to build a boat




That could hold a
ton and stay afloat.




Then Noah started
building and said within his heart:




“I will build an
ark before it starts to rain.




I will follow the
Lord and do all things in His name




I’ll prepare ev’ry
needful thing. I will walk in righteous ways.




When the rain starts
to fall on me, I’ll be ready for that day.”






I can be like Noah.
Yes I can be prepared.




I can build my ark,
and I’ll find safe shelter there.




I can do the things
I know are right.




I can learn and pray
with all my might.




And then when storm
clouds come, I’ll be safe within my ark.




I will build my ark
before it starts to rain.




I will follow the
prophet for he speaks in God’s name.




I’ll prepare ev’ry
needful thing. I will walk in righteous ways.




When the rain starts
to fall on me, I’ll be ready for that day.







Words and music
by Marianne P. Wilcock



That's the song {along with The Wise Man and the Foolish Man} that came to mind during the 24-hour period of time from Friday, September 16 through Saturday, September 17. I was amazed at how quickly we were inundated with moisture! Thought I'd better document the day our property turned into beach front property!






Just outside {almost inside} my basement door.






When the girls were dating, I threatened to put a moat around

the house to exercise some sort of control. This is the closest

I've come to having that actually happen!










Be nice if I could get to the boat! It appears to be

the only thing on high ground!
















The culprit that made the 24-hour deluge even

worse. At least the swimming pool

by the basement door. Another byproduct

of Cal, our friendly contractor!






A small {very small} portion of the roots and worms and other

assorted gunk that the above identified culprit was providing

refuge to. Aiding and abetting is a felony, is it not?







What LOML thought was the last of culprit's holdings.

With further investigation, he found out it still isn't draining.





And here we are, 24 hours past the 24-hour deluge. The tide has receded and we are left with only a muddy moat base. And they say we live in the desert!

1 comment:

  1. "the Lord said to Noah
    there's gonna be a floody-floody..."

    ReplyDelete