Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Turn

Sitting in church and somehow it turned into a game. Coloring squares on sheets of graph paper. Layne and Brian both had a sheet they were trying to make designs on. Layne handed me yellow and Brian handed me blue.



"Your turn, Grandma," says Layne.



"Your turn, Grandma," says Brian.



Giggle, giggle. {They think I can't keep up with the two of them}



Squares fill with colors - yellow....orange....blue....red.



My heart fills with gratitude as I realize, yes, it is my turn! My turn to get smothered with hugs and kisses and be constantly in demand. My turn to wake up to three little bodies standing by the side of my bed. My turn to have my heart running around in twelve different directions outside my arm's reach. My turn to be called "Grandma" and have it mean something. My turn to be allowed to put yellow and blue in little squares surrounded by orange and red.



My turn to create a design on their papers while they create a design in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment