Friday, November 4, 2011

Building an Attitude

So, I got to play with Hunter and Aspen for a bit. The storms hadn't hit and the apple date hadn't materialized yet so I was having fun outside with them. Grampa had given Hunter a little hammer and some nails and he was working on the scraps of wood left out on the patio.



Then Grampa gave Hunter a different hammer, one that you had to have 'big muscles' to use. Hunter only had three bandaids on three separate fingers when he was finished. Don't panic. Nothing major. However the whole point of even sharing these is the attitude that Hunter has regarding the 'big muscle' hammer and the fact Aspen couldn't have cared less because no boy {brother or not} is going to tell her which hammer she is supposed to use.






Hunter working. Aspen was in the sand box.

As soon as she realized there were cool tools

to be had, she came running.




Aspen helping with the smaller hammer.




I am Woman, hear me roar!!




I am Man and have big muscles so I will use the big hammer.

That's paraphrased from what Hunter really said. The meaning

was the same.




 When all was said and done, Hunter had built himself a bridge. And he was proud of it, too!




Testing out the final project - the Bridge.




Aspen may be testing out the bridge, but she's

still got her eye on the Manly Hammer.


 Amber and Scott: I think you've got a girl with some spunk!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never actually saw the bridge. He did a good job! Aspen is definitely spunky! Look out when she's a teen! :) Thanks for playing with the kids!

    ReplyDelete