Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Different Job

Our job is unconditional love. The job of everyone else in our life is to push our buttons. --Byron Katie

When I found this quote a couple of weeks ago, it kind of brought everything I've been thinking about lately full circle.

I've been thinking a lot about "Grace". Trying to figure it out - define it; refine it; visualize it; accept it; practice it. Totally understanding it might be above my pay grade, though. But I'm working on it.

So far I think I've figured out we've all been given Grace freely and unconditionally and we're supposed to give Grace to others freely and unconditionally. That's the easy part to figure out and I'm still reading trying to increase my understanding. Then I found this article on a blog on KSL.com. The question was not specifically applicable but I thought the overall message addressed a lot of things that are so true but we are all hesitant to admit. I'll probably get in trouble for posting it but I'm going to do it anyway simply because, well, it's my blog and I'm sitting alone in my chair with no one to break my fingers if I do and also because I want to be reminded of the truths in it. And, in the meantime, I'll keep learning about "grace" and how I need to improve.

Here's the link. LIFEadvice - How to Stop the Fighting in Your Family

There. I did it. There are certainly many challenges in there for me to improve on and I'm going to try. I hope others will help me redirect myself when I slip into old comfortable ways. I've learned that's called "Homeostasis" - that slipping back into your old self now and again. But that's a post for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment