Saturday, February 4, 2012

Building Things

You have to have a vision to be a builder. That's my philosophy anyway. I have to have a vision in my head before I get excited about a sewing project or a crochet project or a craft project or a writing project. Some people transfer that vision to paper via a pencil and eraser and then their project begins to take shape.



The last few times we've been to Manti, I have enjoyed listening to Joe and Mandy as they explain their plans for finishing the basement. It's exciting - the creation process. Even Jodi and Mariah have caught the bug as they explain about choosing carpet colors and wall paints.



I know Joe thinks he's only building bedrooms and bookshelves and craft rooms. But I think he's building more. And he'll go on building even after Jodi and Mariah have moved into their bedrooms and Mandy is in her glory with a craft room to create fun things in and all their books are on shelves. And even after the pink carpet is laid down.






Looks like a builder to be taken serious to me!






And who is that masked man who is supposedly helping?

Watch out for any "Z"s carved in the wall!

Again, a Primary song comes to mind:





I am a builder, working each day, to build my family


And I will do the best I can to serve them lovingly.


I am a builder, growing so tall and learning every day


To speak with kindness in my home, and help at work and play.







My Heav’nly Father sent me here; and He knows I can be


Strong and righteous as I build my eternal family.





I am a builder, building a home; I seek the Lord in prayer.


And as I try to live God's word, I feel the spirit there.


I am a builder serving the Lord and following His plan


To help my family come back home and live with Him again.







My Heav’nly Father sent me here; and He knows I can be


Strong and righteous as I build my eternal family.





So, I guess building doesn't have to involve a hammer and nail. It does involve the vision, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment