Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


To the many mothers, young and old, alive and passed on, who are such an example to me! I love these songs and so this is my tribute to all of you! {I tried to embed the songs themselves but failed miserably}





A Mother's Prayer




I know you're listening


As I lay me down to sleep


It's not for me, I ask


But my children's souls to keep




It seems the world is going crazy


And though I need to do my share




Could you please, take them under wing


Watch over them especially


Keeping them safe from everything


This is a mother's prayer




I know you're listening


In the silence of this night


The news is blistering


But I hold on to your light


And though there's darkness all around us


By my faith, I know you're there




Give me the strength to lead the way


Send me the words I need to say


Use me to guide them day by day


This is a mother's prayer




I know, I can't do this by myself


I thank you for your help




I know you're listening


So I know, I'm not alone


I feel you here with me


As we all face the unknown




Could you return us to your garden


Where no one's hurt and no one's scared




Free us from pride and bitterness


Keep us so close we won't forget


Teach us to love as you love


This is a mother's prayer




Teach us to love as you love


This is a mother's prayer.




A MOTHER'S LIFE



A mother's eyes reflect the love of heaven,

A love born long before this life began.

A love which grows each day, which will not fade away.

A love inspired by Heavenly Fathers plan.



A mother's hands reflect a life of service,

A life of sacrifice for those she loves.

And through her living hands, she shapes the soul of man,

Prepares for eternal life above.



A mother's words teach children righteous living,

And her example leads them to the light.

She speaks the words of truth, that guide their tender youth,

And point the course they take throughout their life.



A mother's life reflects itself in our life,

Her ways of living are engrained in ours.

And through the change in years, and days of joy and tears.



Her love will lead us on,

Her words will point the course,

Her hands will lift us up,

To God.

No comments:

Post a Comment