Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day

I got a fun surprise on Memorial Day a few years ago. We'd been camping or something and came home through Malad. We decided to stop at the Oneida Pioneer Museum. I'd remembered that my Grandma had donated a lot of antiques at one time and I thought it would be fun to see if any of them were still there {or if I'd even recognize them after all these years}.It was fun but I was a little disappointed in that I didn't see much of my Grandma's. We were talking to the curator as we were getting ready to leave and something caught my eye on the wall behind the counter. I went over for a closer look and was excited to see my dad's picture among "Heroes" that were honored in the display.








Two of my uncles were also honored.





It was kind of cool {and different} thinking of him as a Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment