Saturday, May 19, 2012

Miracles to the Max!




I only got to see one of his eyes while I held him. What he saw

with the one eye must have been enough to tell him to keep

the other eye shut tight!

Today I got a miracle laid in my arms. Yup. Just flat out put in my arms. Not dropped or thrown but gently placed there by his loving mother. How nice of her to share her miracle with me while I selfishly snuggled him! Max is now a whopping 4lbs 5oz and he'll be two months old on the 25th. Almost ready to be born for real!



The world cannot possibly be all bad after feeling a baby's heartbeat close to yours or watching him breathe. It was hard to even begin to imagine what the angels were still whispering in his ears as he twitched and stretched and grimaced and . . . yes . . . even smiled a couple of time. Those angels hovering around little Max have been working really hard, too. They've talked him through a bunch of rough patches, helping him beat the odds time and time again.






Who can dare say there isn't a God who created all this

amazing stuff and loves us enough to share it with us?

I'm sure as he is poked and prodded, he is wondering why he was in such a hurry to get his tiny little body. How much more secure and protected he would be if he could have waited. But, on the flip side of that, as he stretches and punches his little hands and feet, I think his Mom is grateful {in a careful sort of way} that he's not doing that inside of her!



I have to claim Max somehow - I'm still working on that relationship. If I didn't have to work, I would gladly be his Babysitter. I may just have to settle for being a selfish old lady who steals cuddle time away from him and his mom! Oh, well, I'll take it!! As of today, I'm hooked on Max {more than just the black juice!}!



Thanks Britney for letting me come and see him and sharing him so generously with me!

1 comment:

  1. You are more than welcome! & welcome to come snuggle him anytime you want. He loved it. I hope it was worth the parking garage. Thank you for ask the prayers & support you've given me.

    ReplyDelete