Monday, December 3, 2012

Relocating

Well, it's official. Bear River Mental Health is open in its new location. Last week we spent a stressful five days packing and moving and unpacking and putting away all our stuff. Today we could actually use phones and computers and let clients come in the doors.



The layout of my days is all different. And it will never go back to the way it was so I can't just hang in there waiting for 'normal' to return. Dangit.



One of my first calls of the day {and one more after that} was from a client who sounded horrible. She said she was really sick and I wasn't doubting it. Usually once a client says that, they start sharing details and I end up with more information than I ever wanted. This call was no different. Pretty soon she was describing just how sick she was. She was so sick that she had "vomited her teeth right down the toilet". Not sure I've ever been that sick. After the second call when she basically repeated the first call word for word, well, let's just say I had a visual that was more humorous than sympathetic.



Next was the reminder call to the guy who, only a few months ago, was running for president of the United States. Now he's working at getting his percentage of body fat down to 6% and being totally in shape. Okay, well that's not too weird. Yet. Then I got invited to watch him as a hip hop rap till you stop performer. Evidently 'they' loved him at his audition {I'm learning schizophrenics who aren't on their medications and are manic can really be quite entertaining} and so they want him to continue. And you know, he is a modern "man woman", too. What? Yup he loves to go to "Victoria's Secrets with his w-oo-man! You know what I mean?" Okay, well, thank you. We'll see you next week. Goodbye.



I guess you can change locations but not everything changes. And that's a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you must have a lot of grit. It's a different world out there with mental health issues. Sheldon has had friends with similar problems and I have met them and gotten to know some of them. Never thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.....the stability is in the unstable?

    makes perfect sense to me, so what does that say about me?

    ReplyDelete