Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Trying the Juicy Life


Meet the newest member of the family:






Juice Exractor Thing-a-Ma-Jig

Meet the new grocery shopping results:





Carrots, blood oranges, zucchini,cucumbers, broccoli, lemons, oranges, limes, turnip, apples and spinach!


For someone who grew up AND married liking only canned green beans, this is quite a daring adventure. I guess you could say the salads I've been eating the past few years have been a preparation of sorts. At the very least I've gotten more comfortable with an assortment of veggies. {Except for tomatillos and avocados and peas}





Meet the backup plan:






Just in case this whole experiment in healthy eating was a wash...and they were yummy! {not because it was a was but because they sounded too good to leave alone}




Meet a new fruit:




While wandering the produce section looking for familiar fruits and veggies I'd seen mentioned in recipes on the internet, I ran into some nasty looking oranges. I was appalled that they'd leave such gnarly looking product out for sell. Then I read the sign and immediately grabbed a couple. I've had yogurt that was flavored 'blood orange' but had no clue what one was. Well, now I know! They didn't seem as sweet as navel oranges but the color was certainly interesting!

 







Meet the ingredients of my first, homemade juice:






 




 




Meet the first of the final product:  



 



Meet the leftover skin and fiber: 






 











 

































Meet the finished product:

 





I thought maybe it would look a little better in a fancy cup but it doesn't. It does really taste pretty good, though.


Meet the not so excited but every willing Guniea Pig: {No animals were harmed in this experiment, just quite possibly one LOML :-)






BEFORE






DURING






AFTER


Well, I'm still converted. I guess this is one of those times LOML and I part ways. And hopefully I'll see some healthy results {not because we parted ways but because of my juice extractor thing-a-ma-jig}


No comments:

Post a Comment