Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Starting the Day

There's a lot more to getting the day started now that my work is in this new building. Fortunately, I have one master key that unlocks every door I need to open. If I was being targeted for some heinous attack, it would be a cinch because my routine is amazingly predictable. Isn't that the first thing they teach you in order to protect yourself - don't be predictable? For now, though, I think I'm safe. Then there are cupboards to unlock, phones to switch, computers to turn on, lights to flip on, schedules to straighten out - all just to hopefully get the day started and keep it running smoothly.



Anyhow, I got to thinking the other morning when I was in the middle of my routine, "Wouldn't it be great to be able to open up my life as easily?" That's what I thought to myself, anyway. Fortunately, given the place where I work, I didn't say it out loud. People might get to thinking, you know. So, like I said, I was thinking to myself how great it would be to have the same system for my life. I sorta smiled to myself and went on about my routine.



It wasn't until later in the day that it dawned on me. There are things I can do to get my life opened up and ready for what may come. Perhaps what I need to worry about is, am I doing them as regularly as I unlock doors at my work? I think not.



If I was more consistent with my prayers and scripture reading and journal writing and serving others and controlling my appetites and addictions, etc, etc, my life would most likely have multiple doors and windows opened to receive the blessings waiting for me. I should work on that.



But you see, I have a routine for shutting down the office, too and I'm sure, once again, the same things apply to my life. I should probably work on that, too. If I want my life to run more smoothly, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment