Wednesday, July 10, 2013

You Gotta Love It!

So, for Father's Day, I gave LOML a shirt...and me a matching one. Surviving the 70's/80's, it was sorta done as a joke. All the girls in the family having dresses out of matching fabric and the menfolk all having ties or vests that were also out of the same fabric was really cool.



Because of LOML's reputation for chatting and visiting with anyone and everyone whenever we go out in public, and the differences between he and I, I often get deserted. No, that's not right. I ALWAYS get deserted. Anyway, the reason for purchasing the shirts was, when {if} we wore them out in public, at the end of the function, he would happen to look across the room. As he looked, he would see a familiar shirt and look down at his own shirt and say to himself, "How strange. There's someone else wearing a classy shirt like I am!"



And then he would think {again to himself}, "I should go meet that person! Maybe we'd hit it off." And then when he got closer, he would say, "Hey, I'm from a small farming community just west of Fillmore... You look familiar but I can't quite remember your name."



And then I would put on my sort of angry eyes, my smirky mouth and it would all come back to him. "Oh, yeah, that's right! You came with me!"



Well, I don't know if we'll ever find out if the shirts work or if that scenario would be close to what I imagine it would be. We should have had them in Provo this last week at the IFA meetings, though. LOML lost me.



I'm sitting {yes, SITTING} in the restroom when my phone rings and it's LOML.



Me: "Hello."

LOML: "Where are you?"

Me: "In the restroom."

LOML: "Which one?"

Me: "Duh. The women's!"

LOML: "There are two restrooms..."

Me: "I know that and I'm in the women's."

LOML: "Which one? There are two...."

Me: "I'll be right out. Just stay where you are!"



So, maybe you would have had to have been there {either in the WOMEN'S restroom or wherever LOML was} for it to be so hilarious. Maybe the shirts would have helped but only if he would have come in the women's restroom looking for me or I would have been in the 'other' restroom - the men's. What's scary is that, the older we get, either of those scenes could easily play out!  {Just for the record, there was a north set of restrooms and a south set - which was what LOML was referring to}.

1 comment:

  1. Don't lose each other. That would be a catastrophe. Roger doesn't need a matching shirt. He just uses his heighth--the tall dude over there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete