Friday, April 4, 2014

Diaper Service


 

So, everyone is always ranting and raving about how awesome {and cheap} it is to 'subscribe' to merchandise on Amazon.com. By subscribing, they automatically send it to you at whatever time interval you choose. Not to be left out, I decided to try it out.



With toilet paper.



I already think going to the bathroom is the biggest waste of time so you can just imagine what I think about having to go to the store to buy toilet paper.



I subscribe to my toilet paper. And I wait for the upcoming shipment date and arrival date. Instead of getting my toilet paper, I get the typical small card in the mailbox saying there is a box for me at the post office. Please come and pick it up. I was pretty sure what it was and that kinda irritated me {more than scratchy toilet paper}.



The whole purpose of subscribing to the toilet paper {I wonder if anyone has ever named a publication that...yeah...probably not}, was to avoid the whole going to the store thing. Now I have to go to the post office. Difference?



Anywho, I forget about it for a day or two. After all, I go to work before the post office opens and I am heading home after it's closed so it pretty much has to wait for Friday or Saturday anyway. In the meantime, Krisy and Nellie and Amber bring their kids and come over to play and have lunch.



We're all calmly eating our lunch when in walks LOML/Grampa. The first words out of his mouth are, "So, did you order some diapers or something?" His seriousness was enough to crack us all up but overall, I was stunned speechless. He went on to explain that IFA's postman had told him that his wife had a case of diapers waiting for her at the post office. Really? Breech of confidentiality, I think! HIPPA violation to the nth degree! I compose myself and reply,



"Gosh dangit! I had come up with the best plan to break the news to you that you were going to be a dad again and the darn postman has gone and spoiled it!"



We all crack up again. I can't breath, it's one of those laughs. Nellie, Amber and Krisy are all crying. The grandkids are laughing even though they really don't know what's going on. And LOML/Grampa? He's just standing there not understanding but sort of chuckling.



I thought it was hilarious enough to share. I'm thinking about whether or not to continue my subscription to toilet paper. Maybe I should add some Depends onto my order?






Not seeing anywhere on here where it says "Diapers" so I've got to wonder

about IFA's postman just a little bit. And LOML for really having to ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment