Sunday, April 13, 2014

Faith to Jump From Trees

Watched the 1st movie of "The Hobbit" last night. I love those books by J. R. R. Tolkein even though I'm sure I don't catch all the symbolism. Towards the end of this movie, there is a point where they (all the good dwarves, the Wizard and Bilbo Boggins, the Hobbit) have had to escape the bad guys by climbing to the tops of some very tall trees.

Eventually with all that weight and the bad guys pushing on the trees, they begin to become uprooted. Once uprooted the trees topple against each other like dominoes. All the people in the trees jump from one to another to avoid being thrown to the ground.

While all this is happening, the Wizard has sent a butterfly off With a message for help.

Everyone is hanging from the last tree and are eventually forced to jump or be captured or burned. As they jump, large eagles appear and catch them, flying them to safety.

I had to ask myself : Do I have the knowledge that my Heavenly Father will always provide my needs for me? He provides my next breath without me thinking about it. Could I leap into space with that same assumption?

Previously I mentioned having two feet of faith. Is that enough to leap from falling trees?

No comments:

Post a Comment